Hello to all our musicians, family, friends and fans! Thank you for visiting our page where you will find the latest information on concerts and how to join. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
In 2019 we turn 40 and are celebrating with a year of our favorite epic works! If you have ever played in the orchestra or been a supporter over the last 40 years drop us a line and say hello. Maybe come back to play or watch us.
Upcoming Concert Dates for 2019
March 10 featuring Carlo Antonioli (Assistant Conductor West Australian Symphony Orchestra)
June 16 Schubert Symphony 9 the Great, conductor Carlo Antonioli
November 24 Beethoven 9 with Willoughby Symphony Choir
Welcome to the website of Eastern Sydney Chamber Orchestra & Choir – a not-for-profit community organisation based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
The orchestra specialises in early classical music such as Haydn and Beethoven. On occasion the orchestra expands its musical horizons to include repertoire from the Romantic period and beyond, offering a diverse musical experience for local players and audiences alike. The orchestra rehearses Tuesday evenings in Waverley and perform four major concerts each year. Led by conductor Louis Sharpe, the orchestra consists of a friendly group of string and wind musicians from all over Sydney.
The choir consists of a diverse group of singers performing music of different genres such as church, Baroque and classical. The choir rehearses Monday evenings in Waverley and is also led by conductor Susannah Pinter.
- to create quality orchestral music in the Eastern Suburbs
- to draw more and more musicians and singers into the Society
- to create opportunities for local talented musicians and singers to spread their wings
- to liaise and perform with other performing arts groups in the area
- to raise the cultural ethos of Randwick and Waverley areas in concerts and special events
UPDATES & NEWS
- We will be updating our website regularly with upcoming concert dates and news.
- Orchestra Tuesday Evenings 7.30pm-10pm St Mary’s Church
- Choir commences Monday Feb 11 7pm at St Mary’s Church